Thursday 17 January 2013

Stitched pouch


I made a little pouch for my new camera.
A couple of weekends ago I went to Paris and I bought some Liberty bias binding.
I had just the job for it.
 
 
I lined the pouch with shibori dyed fabric, which the lovely Joanie had given me.
And then quilted it by tying threads.
 
 
*

It feels a little funny blogging after so long away. I'm unsure what to say or do. Kind of like opening an old sketchbook with lots of blank pages. Pages I want to fill, but unsure how to make them flow from the previous ones. As time has passed the experiences I've had have brought new creative ideas to the surface. But it's been a while so it may take some time to find my words, like old friends bumping into each other in the street, you know?
 

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry, you will find your words!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey old friend, glad you're here again! This is the sweetest case and I really love that pizza pouch too - those little seed stitches are divine. Hope you're off for a snow day today like we are.
    Love seeing you here. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanie, Thanks for your comment. Nice to see you in these parts too! We didn't get a day off, but my class of three year olds and I had a lot of fun outside! x

      Delete
  3. so good to see you again. i love your recent makes, they all have that special 'jill-touch'- i've missed it :)

    ReplyDelete