Saturday 11 January 2014

Torridon, Scotland

We'd hiked two Munros' (Sgurr Mhor and Tom an Gruagaich) the day before, in the snow, along ridges 3000 ft high, up steep snowy mountain faces and down them, over ice and along tarns. I was so proud of myself for what I'd done, but a rest day was what I needed. Daniel was going on a solo adventure around a peninsula, some of the group were ice climbing up a gully (cripes!), and some where bouldering else where. I didn't even know what bouldering was! No, for me there was enough adventure in simply walking out of the cottage along the road for a minute and down onto a small, secluded, peaceful beach. Flask of tea in bag, watercolours and papers to hand. And that's what I did and it was oh so beautiful.




6 comments:

  1. beautiful soft pictures: happy new year to you lovely lady:
    here's to catching a zillion ideas :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely watercolours...I think I recognize this little beach it's just down the road 100m from where I live...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, What a funny coincidence!!! I recognise your picture. Are you the sheep farmer? I stayed with a group of friends in the house next to yours! And I smiled at you when I was returning from a hike. I was wearing lots of colourful hiking gear. What a great coincidence! You live in such a beautiful part of the world! I'm going to check out your blog now.

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness, I remember saying 'hi' to a few passing walkers. I can't believe you were so near and I didn't know it. Yes that was me with the Shetland sheep (just 12 in number now). All the other one's belong to a neighbour. We were on our so called New Year break trying to fit in as many jobs on the croft as possible without being blown away by the wind and rain! I think there was one really nice day that week when the sun came out and the wind calmed down. Sounds like you enjoyed your stay despite the weather!

      Delete
  3. Sounds perfect! Love to see your drawings, everyone of them is joy.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been there, but I'm pretty sure you captured it perfectly !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete